Wednesday, August 6, 2008

D.J. Sheppard

It seems I have procrastinated a bit in terms of my new blogging endeavor. Procrastination has been a friend of mine for a long time. According to my parents, it took me several years to let go of my two pacifier at all times habit, no matter how hard they tried. I didn't declare my major until I was into my third year of college. My first attempt of turning the paperwork into my adviser's office resulted in me running out and what I can only guess was a panic attack. Along the way I have procrastinated with homework assignments, social obligations, break-ups, finances, packing, planning, etc. Sometimes I worry that I'm procrastinating my life away. I'm going to wake up 20 years from now and wonder why I haven't done all the things I wanted to or should have done. I have many professions, hobbies, destinations and activities in mind. I decided to take up rock climbing a few months ago. I made it to the indoor facility to gather information, but have never gone to actually participate in the activity. One day I decided that I would make a pretty good D.J. I mean, how hard could it be? I like music, I know how to work basic music playing machines. Done. I shared this idea with a friend. He responded with what should be my D.J. name and tag line. "D.J. Sheppard, Bringing the Funk to the Flock." I LOVED it! Since I have yet to become a practicing D.J., I try to reference this name whenever possible. You would be amazed at how easily it can work itself into a conversation.

"What do you do for a living?"
"I'm a publicist, but if I were a D.J. I have the perfect name."

"How are you today?"
"I'm doing well. I'm thinking about bringing some funk to the flock later."
"What?"
"Oh, that's just D.J. talk."
"I didn't know you were a D.J."
"I'm not."

Perhaps this problem is more than just a case of procrastination, but I'm not going to start thinking about that now. I will deal with whatever issue that is later...

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Unless you've recently gone into DJing for real (after getting a sex change) I think someone may have stolen your idea... http://www.rocktheflockproductions.com/html/services.htm