Monday, April 6, 2009

Whoa

It's been awhile...see previous blog re: procrastination. Today, the boy and I signed a lease to a new place. It's just a temporary stop on the path to our first real home. He negotiated, I made faces at him when he was being awkward and we ended up with a nice and cozy new place. We have 3 weeks until we actually move and I can't wait. Moving has a way of bringing you face to face with all the clutter in your life that you sometimes try to forget. You know...the bank statements you stuffed in your magazine rack, the old photos that you stashed in a box under your bed that you don't want to throw away but you needed out of sight, the old planners and journals filled with personal commentary and forgotten events and all the crap that you need to get rid of but just keep dragging along with you from place to place----or maybe that's just me. Every time I move, I'm forced to face things in my life that I would have otherwise forgotten about had I not needed to pack up and clear out for the next tenant. Up to this point, my method of moving has been to simply throw everything in garbage bags, in no particular order, and schlep them over to the new digs...dump out and rearrange in pretty much the same fashion as the previous set up...stashing away those unwanted items out of view. At the age of 26, I think that this move should be different. Maybe this time I will have a more methodical approach to my move...especially since the boy is a bit OCD. Maybe, just maybe, I will throw away the things that need to be permanently forgotten and deal with the things that need to be dealt with. No more random receipts, meaningless cards, magazines I promise I will make time to read, knowing I won't. This will be a fresh start...a new beginning...an organized beginning in a new place, with the boy that I love. We'll see...those garbage bags are quite convenient at times.

1 comment:

Skittles Ferrari said...

Moving home from Japan broke me of my garbage bag habits.